List of successful phase 1 distilleries:
1. Protium Green Solutions Limited (£73,818), lead in London with a distillery partner in Islay. Using a low emission hydrogen boiler.
2. Locogen Ltd (£43,325), Edinburgh. Switching a distillery from fuel oil to hydrogen burners.
3. Protium Energy Limited (£57,464), Aberdeen. A high temperature heat store.
4. Cornish Geothermal Distillery Company (£75,000), Truro. Creating a geothermal distillery.
5. European Marine Energy Centre (£58,781), Orkney Islands. Assessing technology pathways to facilitate green hydrogen.
6. Supercritical Solutions Ltd (£53,000), lead in Horsham with a distillery partner in Glasgow. Electrolysers to enable fuel switching to zero emission sources.
7. The Uist Distilling Company Ltd (£44,572), The Isle of South Uist. Combination of a hydrogen burner and indirect heating of a thermal oil rather than steam.
8. Colorado Construction and Engineering Ltd (£73,636.80), Edinburgh. Hydrogen and dual hydrogen/biofuel burners for distilleries.
9. Vytok Ltd (£57,688.00), London. Heat pumps with water as the working fluid.
10. The Uist Distilling Company Ltd (£40,539.23), The Isle of South Uist. A high-temperature heat store that would allow a distillery to be run purely on electricity.
11. John Fergus & Co Ltd (£71,812.55), Glenrothes. The use of hydrogen on site to decarbonise process heat.
12. The Edrington Group Ltd (£56,930.00), Glasgow. An innovative stillhouse Condenser Hot Water Recovery System.
13. St Andrews Brewers Limited (£51,547.00), Glasgow. A combination of heat pumps, green hydrogen and biomass.
14. Bennamann Ltd (£46,620.11), Cornwall. Use of fugitive methane as fuel.
15. Sunamp Ltd (£61,412.50), Edinburgh. A large-scale phase change material thermal store.
16. Environmental Resources Management Limited (£68,951.00), London. Liquid organic hydrogen carriers.
17. Colorado Construction and Engineering Ltd (£74,768.10), Edinburgh. The conversion of waste distillery draff (spent grains from the malting process) and pot ale into a gasification-gas.